Poached Salmon In Noodle Soup
- 2 x salmon fillets, ideally skinless/boneless
- miso paste
- kaffir lime leaf
- root ginger, chopped in small strips
- spring onions, sliced at an angle
- carrots, julienned
- a little sesame oil
- lime juice
- other vegetables you like; celery, new potatoes, courgettes, brocolli
- egg noodles
- Make the broth with miso paste and hot water (if you do fish sauce, which I don't, you could add some).
- Add the ginger, lime leaves, sesame oil to flavour, chopped chillies if you are so inclined.
- Poach the salmon in the broth - takes 10 - 20 minutes, depending how well you like it.
- While it's cooking add all the other vegetables; if using brocolli and others that only need a little cooking, put them in 5 minutes before the end.
- 5 minutes before the end, put in the egg noodles.
- Serve, with freshly chopped coriander.